Terms and conditions.
All co-workers must show that they fully vaccinated on entry/check-in to be able to access Grenco offices.
Grenco is a coworking, open plan office space on the Mornington Peninsula. We are a community of entrepreneurs, professionals and creatives who share office space and together create a sustainable and enjoyable work environment.
According to Wikipedia, the definition of coworking is
‘the social gathering of people who are still working independently, but…who are interested in the synergy that can happen from working with like-minded people in the same space’.
Whilst this is great in theory there needs to be a set of guidelines so that this synergy doesn’t get out of balance, and you can enjoy a great co-working environment. DOWNLOAD PDF Document here
What hours are the desks available?
The office is open from 9.00 – 5.00pm.
- As a shared workspace, we ask that you respect your fellow members by striving to use the space as a quiet and focused work environment.
- Within the primary work area you will keep work conversations on the phone, or with other co-workers to a fair level. Please respect if anyone asks you to be quiet.
- Lively conversation should be relegated to the kitchen area, meeting area, or balcony.
- Phone ringers are to be turned down.
- Grenco coworking is a child free space, we understand that from time to time your loved ones drop by or your client turns up with a child in tow, don’t stress, please just keep the visit short and ensure that the child is supervised at all times.
- Considerable thought has been put into the look, feel and aesthetic of the grenco co-working space. If you book a long term space we encourage you to bring items to make your allocated desk space feel like your own, we ask members not to place anything including artwork on the walls without express permission. We ask casual tenants not to bring furniture, however photos and ornaments on the desk are allowed, but all items must be removed at the end of your booking.
- Grendesign is a 100% SMOKE FREE area, this applies to inside and outside areas, including the front entrance and driveway. We ask that you step away from the building and dispose of cigarette butts thoughtfully.
- We offer free tea and coffee, and have appliances for you to heat, toast, and reheat your goodies. All other stocked items in the fridge are personal to your fellow workers. Take home any left over food with you, as left overs in the fridge will be thrown out at the end of the day.
- Please be mindful to leave the kitchen area and appliances as and where you found them.
- If you do not know how to use our coffee machine, ask someone before trying.
- All dirty dishes must be washed, or placed carefully in the dishwasher.
- You are expected to keep your desk areas clean, and empty your own rubbish into the larger bins provided (under sink, or near front entrance) at the end of each day.
- All dishes that are dishwasher safe should be put in the dishwasher.
- The stove and other appliances should be cleaned after use. All cleaning products are kept under the sink.
- Toilet should be treated as your own, please flush and keep the space tidy. Spare toilet paper and air freshener are kept under the sink in the bathrooms.
- Lights out when not in use.
Electricity, heating & cooling
- The space will be kept at reasonable temperatures so that we do not overheat, or over-cool the space, as it is a waste of precious energy.
- No fan heaters or other space heaters are permitted.
Internet & Local Network
- No inappropriate use such as illegal torrenting or piracy, or offensive content viewing.
- Fair use of the network & Internet resources. If you need to download or upload something extremely large please advise management prior to doing so.
- If you require use of the office printer please ask for instructions.
- If the printer requires any maintenance including but not limited to clearing paper jams and replacing toner.
- All prints must be paid for in advance. Printing cost are calculated on a per sheet basis.
- Printing prices are subject to change.
- Co working communities are excellent sources of information, knowledge, leads, and skills, and as you get to know your neighbours, you’ll find ways to help out each other. Just remember, go in with the mindset of helping without the expectation of anything in return. Trust me, those favours will come back to you at some point, and you’ll make some amazing connections along the way
- Please respect each others time, space and boundaries by keeping talking to the communal areas only
Promote with Social Currency
• Many co working spaces find their business through word of mouth so if you’ve had a great experience we’d love for you to promote our space to your network.
Don’t be a time bandit
• We want you to make the most of your working day, but please respect that the hours of business are 9am – 5.30pm, please don’t assume that because others are still there that you don’t need to leave. Management will begin closing the office at 5.15pm and all tenants are expected to leave by 5.30pm.
- Grendesign does not take responsibility for the loss or theft of any valuables.
- The undersigned agrees to pay for any damages to property cause by the undersigned or by guest/associates of the undersigned while attending the Grenco premises.
- Any debt recovery cost incurred by Grenco in attempting to recover any outstanding dollar amount relating to any service provided by Grenco or related to any property damage caused by the undersigned or by guests of the undersigned shall be passed onto the undersigned.
- You must notify management if you notice any unsafe working conditions, situations, obstructions or conduct.
- Strictly no running.
Right of Refusal
Grenco reserve the right to cancel or refuse any booking.
Cancelations or refusals are subject solely to the discretion of Grenco management. Cancelled or refused booking are eligible for refunds strictly limited to the paid value of the dates and times that have not previously used.
1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Description of Services
Grenco may provide you with access to office space, work stations, internet access, office equipment, meeting room space, knowledge resources, and other services as Grenco may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TUP.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Grenco internet service (Grenco’s web hosting service), or the network(s) connected to any Grenco server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Grenco server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TUP and no further authorisation or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of services
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- a) give your key/keycode to anyone else or allow non-paying customers entrance into or use of the space after hours. Giving your key/keycode to someone else is grounds for immediate termination of your paid plan and a lifetime ban from Grenco for both you and the person that you let in to the space.
- b) Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
- c) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- d) Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Grenco Services;
- e) Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- f) Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- g) Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- h) Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- i) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- j) Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular service;
- k) Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorisation or consent of the disclosing party;
- l) Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
- m) Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
Grenco reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as Grenco deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Grenco’s sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Grenco or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Grenco, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Grenco or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to:
- Maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- Not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- Not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Grenco or any participant or user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Grenco or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TUP or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Grenco or any participant or user of the Services.
7. Participation In or Use of Services
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Grenco does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information or property resulting from such participation or use.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Grenco provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
9. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Grenco or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Grenco, and even if Grenco has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. Limitation of Liability and Remedies
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Grenco or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TUP and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (AU$10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Grenco reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Grenco further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TUP or the rules of common courtesy.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Grenco and Grenco’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Grenco or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TUP is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TUP shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Theft Insurance
As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy and Legal Liability Insurance policy to cover your equipment while using the space. Grenco is not responsible for theft of or damage to any of your personal property for any reason. It is strongly recommended that you use take all valuable belongings with you.
15. Consent for Photography/Video Consent for Media Release & Promotional Use
Member hereby grants permission to Grenco’s founders, employees, interns, or representatives to take and use:
- photography/digital images
- recorded audio or quoted remarks of member for use by Grenco in promotional or educational materials.
These materials might include but are not limited to electronic publications, printed publications, Grenco website, Facebook page, Twitter account, Instagram or other electronic or print communications. Member further agrees that his/her name and identity may be revealed in descriptive text or commentary in connection with the image(s) published.
User also agrees that the media may contact member regarding his/her involvement with Grenco. Member authorises the use of these materials indefinitely without compensation. All prints, digital reproductions, video, and audio recordings shall be the property of Grenco.
*Grenco will attempt to contact its members to request the use of any of the materials described above, and will provide an open and honest description of the manner in which the materials will be used. Materials are to be used in a promotional context unless otherwise specified in the communications with the member featured in the media. Grenco or a representative of Grenco will always contact you if any alterations/editing takes place on the materials being provided of/by you the member.